The Maywood Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applications are available at www.selectionworks.biz starting Friday, October 18, 2013 until November 13, 2013. The application deadline is November 13, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $50 non-refundable application fee;
- U.S. Citizenship;
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age at application deadline (11/13/13), unless exempt by statute;
- Must reside within a 15-mile radius of the Village within one (1) year of hire;
- Valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) issued by application deadline date (11/13/13)
ADVERTISEMENT-CLICK IMAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION:
POWER test may be taken at one of the following testing agencies:
- NIPSTA – Glenview, IL – www.nipsta.org
- Joliet Junior College – Contact Janet Graham at 815-280-2674 to schedule
- Triton College – 2000 Fifth Avenue, www.triton.edu.
Preference points will be awarded for Military Service, possession of an Associate’s Degree in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice, Bachelor’s degree in any field or current employment as a law enforcement officer with a municipality in the State of Illinois.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, December 14, 2013
200 South 5th Avenue
Maywood, Illinois 60153
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 9:00 a.m. with photo identification (valid driver’s license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE. The testing process will consist of a traditional law enforcement examination that assesses cognitive ability and behavioral characteristics. VFP