Wednesday, May 14, 2014
There will be an LLOC meeting tonight, 7 PM, inside Village Chambers (125 S. 5th Avenue, Maywood). Click here to access the agenda. To access the board packet, click here. Among items to be discussed include:
- The Board will discuss whether or not to retain Kane, McKenna and Associates to prepare FY2011 to FY 2014 Annual TIF Reports for Maywood.
- Maywood Police Chief Talley will update the public on the state of the Village’s closed circuit camera system.
- The Board will hear the details of water shutoff procedures in light of the Mayor’s request that the Board establish a dollar amount when water should be shut off if residents haven’t paid their bills.
- Officier Illir Shemitraku will be sworn in by Chief Talley.
- The YMCA’s 2014 intergovernmental agreement with the Village to operate the Fred Hampton Aquatic Center will be discussed.
- Budget amendments to the FY2014/15 Budget will be discussed.
- The Board will discuss a resolution authorizing and approving a reciprocal agreement between the Village and Maywood-Melrose Park-Broadview District 89. The agreement is supposed to ensure the steady flow of information and cooperation between the two governing bodies. One example of an incident in which such an agreement would prove important is when a minor gets detained by a municipal law enforcement agency. Pursuant to Public Act 097-1104, which went into effect in January 2013, law enforcement agencies are required to report to the principal of any public school in the State “whenever a child enrolled therein is detained for proceedings under the Juvenile Act of 1987…for any criminal offense or any violation of a municipal or county ordinance.”
- For more pending items, see the agenda. VFP