(Above left to right: 216 S. 10th Avenue; 400 S. 18th Avenue).
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
There is a Legal, License and Ordinance Committee (LLOC) meeting scheduled for tonight at 7 PM, inside Village chambers at 125 S. 5th Avenue, Maywood, IL. Click here to access the meeting agenda and board packet. Among items up for discussion:
- A job training program is up for discussion.
- Two properties have been recommended for Historic Landmark Designation status (216 S. 10th Avenue and 400 S. 18th Avenue).
- Chief Valdimir Talley to discuss and review an analysis conducted in January of 2002. According to a memo, “Mr. Janota identified several problems and made 22 recommendations with which only a few have been resolved.”
- The Board will consider relocating the Mayor’s office from 125 S. 5th Avenue to 40 Madison and removing the Mayor’s Executive Assistant Position “from the Village President & Trustees budget to be placed under the Village Manager’s Budget.” According to analysis conducted by Acting Village Manager David Myers, the cost of relocating the office is estimated to be about $17,000. In addition, moving the Executive Assistant Position from the Village President & Trustees budget to the Village Manager’s budget will entail changing that position’s job description.
- For more information on tonight’s meeting, refer to the agenda. VFP