Photo: Chicago Housing Authority
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 || By Community Editor || @maywoodnews
The Maywood Housing Authority is inviting the public to the opening of the HCV waiting list (formerly known as Section 8) application process. Those interested in applying should note that the online application will not be accessible until May 1. (You can go to the application landing page by clicking here).
The online application is “Android and iPhone compatible only.” Applicants are encouraged to read all pages in the application process.
“You will be able to apply android device, but please make sure that you are using the most current version of Google, and that you are using the most current of the in-app browser on your device,” according to a flyer released by the Housing Authority.
Individuals without computers, iPhones or android phones can go to the following locations where space is provided (note that space at all of these locations are limited):
- Maywood Public Library, 121 S. 5th Ave., Maywood | Monday – Wednesday: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday/Thursday: 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- PLCCA, 411 Madison St., Maywood | Monday – Thursday
- Vision of Restoration, 1221 Madison St., Maywood | Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Spanish Coalition for Housing | 1922 N. Pulaski, Chicago
- Latin United Community Housing Association | 3541 W. North Ave. in Chicago
- La Casa Norte, 3533 W. North Ave., Chicago
- Korean American Association of Chicago | 5941 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago
For more local news, ‘Like’ VFP on Facebook